If anyone knows business, it’s the Crafter. This van has been designed with the perfect blend of utility, versatility and comfort to meet your every need. With over a hundred customisable options, the Crafter has everything to help get your business running. All that’s left to do is slap your logo on it.
Comfortable, practical and designed to handle everyday transportation jobs with ease, this iconic van has everything you need to make tough jobs look effortless.
The Crafter Heavy Duty range includes the Crafter 50 and 55 they come with all the comfort and smarts of the Crafter 35, but with an upgraded suspension, rear-wheel drive and dual rear wheels for increased traction.
The Crafter 50 has a GVM of 4.9 tonnes and is drivable on a standard license. When the going gets tough, Crafter 55 gets tougher with a GVM of up to 5.5 tonnes to help make heavy duty jobs feel easier than ever.
It’s time to dust off the outdoor gear, hit the road and rediscover what Australia has to offer. Our new Crafter Kampervan combines the spirit of our iconic Kombi with the Australian RV experience of our partners at Jayco.
4Motion all-wheel drive
Rear seats fold out to create a comfortable double bed
Double ring gas cooktop, fridge, microwave and running water
Self-contained shower and bathroom
Living that #VanLife is even more fun when you’re in a Crafter. The perfect base to customise your own escape vehicle, you’ll find plenty of space for all your home comforts and more.
Build your Crafter your way. Choose between 3 different lengths and heights to find your perfect combination.
Load length: 3,450 mm | vehicle length: 5,986 mm
Load length: 4,300 mm | vehicle length: 6,836 mm
Long wheelbase Maxi
Load length: 4,855 mm (plus overhang)
Vehicle length: 7,391 mm
Vehicle height: 2,355 mm
Vehicle height: 2,590 mm
The Crafter’s wide sliding doors allow pallet access and can open to 1,311mm with a load compartment height of up to 2,196mm. It accommodates 4-6 Euro pallets depending on your wheelbase and has rear barn doors that open 180 degrees or an upgraded 270 degrees.
If strength is needed, the heavy-duty Crafter 50 has reinforced suspension, more powerful engines and dual rear wheels with rear-wheel drive to help you haul up to a 2-tonne payload. The Crafter 55 offers even stronger suspension for a maximum payload of up to 3 tonnes.2
The Crafter has two powerful diesel engines designed specifically for commercial vehicles: the TDI340 with 340Nm torque or TDI410 with 410Nm torque. It also features an optional 8-speed full automatic gearbox with a torque converter that can be combined with all systems. That way, it’s never manual labour for you. This van is available with three drive systems: front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive or 4MOTION all-wheel drive.
All Volkswagen vans come with a suite of innovative safety features as standard. Some of the features include Front Assist with City Emergency Braking, Multi-Collision Brake, Crosswind Assist and Front and Rear Park Distance Control. These technologies have been designed to assist you in everyday driving and on the job4.
Be a smooth operator in almost any terrain, you have the option to choose 4MOTION and the mechanical differential lock. 4MOTION allocates the engine’s power across all four wheels as needed, preventing wheel spin and locking, while the mechanical differential lock makes starting up in adverse, off-road conditions much easier.
We’ve always been and always will be committed to automotive safety. That’s why the Crafter includes optional intuitive and innovative driver assist features including Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Keep Assist, Sensor-based Side Assist and Rear Traffic Alert4.
Secure your cargo with up to 14 lashing rings recessed into the floor, lashing rails on all of the walls and an optional interior roof rack. The optional Universal Floor has been designed to be the ideal base for retrofitting shelving and cupboard systems available from a range of manufacturers.
There are two different optional side trims available: half height and full height. The load compartment cladding is made of plastic hollow chamber panels and is especially robust. It’s fitted from the floor to the roof frame and is exceptionally easy to clean. You can also choose the optional 5mm thick plywood panels which are highly durable and makes the side cladding especially resistant to impacts. The optional window package allows you to configure the Crafter to meet your needs - no windows to windows all around, it's up to you.
The Crafter provides ample storage solutions throughout the cabin, four cup holders, two 12V sockets and a USB-C port in the dashboard. Your back is taken care of with Comfort Seat Plus: the driver seat comes with longitudinal and height adjustment, electrical 4-way adjustable lumbar support, adjustable backrest and seat cushion angle as well as two adjustable armrests. Optional seat heating and ErgoActive Suspension Seat, certified 14-way adjustable seat, is also available.
It’s easy to get the job done with our tech. App-Connect5 allows you to display selected apps, maps and music on your phone vis Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™. You can stay focused on the road by handling calls, working the radio and media functions using voice commands. And if you’re looking for more entertainment, the Crafter includes an 6.5” colour touchscreen display, AM/FM radio, USB-C input and and four speakers.
1. Image shown for illustrative purposes only and varies from standard MY22 specification.
2. Payload is defined as the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) minus the Kerb Mass. Payload is the maximum combined weight of occupants, cargo, added structures and tow ball down weight (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded.
4. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
5. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
6. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
7. 5-Year Care Plan for the price of a 3-Year Care Plan is available for eligible VolkswagenAmarok, Caddy, California, Caravelle, Crafter, Multivan and Transporter models only. Purchase a 5-Year Care Plan between 16/08/2021 and 31/12/2021 at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/owners-service/care-plans.html or from an authorised Volkswagen Dealer. 5-Year Care Plan covers standard items as contained in each scheduled service interval only. The service intervals occur every 15,000 KM/12 months (whichever occurs first) for all models except Model Year 2018 to current Crafter and Model Year 2021 onwards Amarok models, which are scheduled to occur every 20,000 km/12 months (whichever occurs first). These Care Plans can only be purchased prior to the first scheduled service and up to 22,500 km/15 months (whichever occurs first) for all models except Model Year 2018 to current Crafter and Model Year 2021 onwards Amarok models which is 30,000 km/15 months (whichever occurs first). The timeframe takes effect from when the vehicle is first reported in our system as ‘sold’. Discount structure varies by model. For details of what is not included in a scheduled service, please refer to the program terms and conditions. Volkswagen Group Australia reserves the right to extend, withdraw or change all offers.