Making an instant impression, the Touareg is an 4x4 SUV with unparalleled quality, sublime comfort and next generation technology. Flaunting unique innovations like the 4-corner Air Suspension, matrix LED headlights or the Innovision Cockpit, it’s no wonder the winner of the Drive Car of the Year 2021 Best Large Luxury SUV is the Volkswagen Touareg 210TDI R-Line.
With high-resolution 12.3-inch TFT-LCD colour display, the digital cockpit allows you to see only the information you want to see. You can access detailed driving data via the multifunction steering wheel or infotainment system, view the navigation map with targeted zoom and customise the dash to display full-screen overlays of selected information.
The Head-up Display uses the windscreen as a projection surface to display important information like the speed, messages from the driver assist systems or navigation details. This way, you can keep your eyes on the road ahead.
Bring the familiarity of your phone straight to your infotainment system, thanks to App-Connect4. Your smartphone integrates seamlessly, allowing you to listen to your favourite music, podcasts, messages you receive, or the latest news and journey information.
When the sky starts to darken, choose from 30 different colours of mood lighting in your Touareg. Nothing gets boring in this luxurious SUV.
The Touareg 210TDI features a 3.0L V6 diesel engine that is capable of providing an impressive 210kW of power and 600Nm of torque. If that still doesn’t do it for you, the V8 TDI features a 4.0L V8 diesel engine that produces 310kW of power and maximum torque of 900Nm. This means you can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in under 5 seconds. Now that’s powerful.
When the rear wheels steer as well as the front wheels, a smaller turning circle can be achieved. This means greater manoeuvrability in tight spaces. The rear wheels also help with stability when you’re travelling faster than 50km/h. There’s no doubt you’ll feel complete confidence on any kind of drive.
The Touareg's air suspension with adaptive dampening control, maintains a smooth ride regardless of road surface conditions. Once you float on air, there’s no going back.
The Touareg’s front and rear active stabilisers are hydraulic and reduce the lateral tilt when cornering. This helps the car respond sensitively to steering, even at low speeds. This optional system also helps to prevent understeering during more dynamic cornering. All to ensure you and your passengers always have a safer trip.
You and your passengers are protected from all sides with the proactive occupant protection system. If the technology detects a possible accident situation, it automatically triggers safety functions including belt-tightening, activating hazard lights and closing all windows.5
The Touareg takes pedestrian monitoring to the next level. It intuitively predicts when a roadside pedestrian might cross your path, warns the driver and, if they do, applies the brakes5.
To help you get through traffic easily, Traffic Jam Assist uses proven functions like Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Lane Assist to allow easy, slow driving in traffic jams. Your vehicle will follow the vehicle in front at a speed of 0 to 60km/h and automatically operate the accelerator and brakes to help you avoid typical traffic jam collisions5.
Front Cross Traffic Assist5 is invaluable for blind exits and junctions. It uses the same radar technology in the Adaptive Cruise Control5 system to monitor the area in front of your car and detect vehicles or pedestrians approaching from the side. The system issues optical and acoustic warnings of any cross traffic detected at speeds of up to 30km/h and can implement an emergency stop to help avoid a collision or reduce the severity of it.
2. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
3. With rear seat in the forward position.
4. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
5. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
7. Head-Up Display and customisable ambient lighting features are available with optional Innovision Package, at extra cost.
8. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
9. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
10. Towing capacities are applicable to Volkswagen Genuine Accessory Tow Bar. Towing capacity figures are maximum figures and actual towing capacity depends on factors including the laden mass of the vehicle, driving conditions and fitment of any accessories. Volkswagen Group Australia does not endorse or will not be held liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use or fitment of electronic trailer brakes